Thursday, October 09, 2008

Saying Goodbye to GBS

Yesterday was a sad day for me as it was my last day of work at GBS. (Ironically, I had to give a talk in chapel about being positive and happy - so maybe I was "preaching" to myself.)

I enjoyed working at GBS and with the great people there so much. For the last five years I was very privileged to work for and learn from President Avery. I will certainly miss everyone, but of course I'm excited about what's to come as well. My due date is tomorrow, but they will let me go a week over if nothing happens by then. We shall see.

Here's a few "saying goodbye" pictures... I only cried a little (OK - make that a lot).

The ones I worked closely with: Maria Stetler, Pres. Avery, and Mandy Buckland...

. . . and my "across the hall" friend, Teresa Cravens.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sad, yet totally exciting! I saw your FIL @ UBC and you can't tell he's excited at all! :)

Unknown said...

That must've been quite a day for you! And it's not like you need another reason to cry when you're pregnant. :-) I'm sure everyone will miss you there. Hope everything goes good with your delivery.

Jana said...

How sad to say goodbye, but thankfully, for an incredibly wonderful reason!!

*yep, I noticed the Kleenex in hand. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your post brought back some bitter-sweet memories. I know how hard it is to say good-bye after working on the Hilltop. It just gets into your blood. I'm sure they are going to miss you. You are awesome at that job!! But Mommyhood - so much more fun:) !