Thursday, August 06, 2009

Moving into The House

After searching for over a year for a house, we finally found "the one"! After 10 years of apartments, it is such a blessing to have a house. I'm still not completely settled, so here are a couple of outside pictures.



Moving day was a flurry of activity. I was so glad our Unit arrived safe and sound. Only 2 items got broken - both were lamps and one can be repaired.

We had some great help - Matt was terrific at painting!

Yes, both Emme and Clayton somehow got into the paint . . .

. . . Clayton was a little more covered than Emme.


My wonderful mother shampooed the carpets for us!

Emme got a free ride from her dad!

Unloading, unloading, and more unloading.

Emme and Clayton enjoyed watching out the window.

Let the fun begin! Where in the world did all this stuff come from?!?!

Food tasted so good after working so hard and it was so nice of Bro. & Sis. Hooker to bring us a delicious fried chicken lunch!

8 comments:

Tamra said...

So glad you finally found "the one". Your back yard looks huge! That fence will certainly be a blessing, especially when Clayton becomes older.

The Salisburys said...

Brenda, I am SOOOO happy for you all! Your home looks so lovely! I enjoyed all the pictures!

Also, Happy 10th Anniversary:) We will celebrate our 10th on the
21st of this month. Where has the time gone???

Take care!

Dixie said...

Congratulations on your new home! It looks wonderful! I enjoyed seeing all the pictures. I see that paint + little ones = fun!

Jana said...

Your house looks so nice! Can't wait to see it in person!!

Rob and Deanna said...

Congratulations on a Home to Call your OWN!!! :-) Where are you located? Looking forward to seeing pics of the rooms once you get decorated.

Alanna said...

Congrats! :) Please tell Jeff and Vicki I said hello! It is so neat seeing pics of them! :)

Holdens said...

Welcome to the neighbor hood. Your house looks beautiful. I will let you get settled in before I show up for a surprise visit..:)

Missy said...

wow...your house is beautiful. Great back yard. I am so happy for you. Nothing like owning your own house! Congrats!!!