Friday, December 18, 2009

The Debut of Baby Jesus

Clayton made his debut on stage last night as Baby Jesus at the Aldersgate Christian Academy (GBS) Christmas program. I had no idea how he would behave, but he actually did really well. I think he was in awe of everything he was seeing. Unfortunately, I couldn't see him, because I was behind the stage so I could take him in between times when he didn't need to be out there. But, Aaron kept me updated by texts and of course I could hear.

There were two really funny moments. One line from an actor said, "Look Mary, Baby Jesus is sleepy." However, at that time he was flailing his arms and legs and having a good time. Not at all sleepy! :-) The second time was when an actor said, "And now, Herod wants to kill him!" As soon as she got the words out of her mouth, Clayton pointed right at her and started crying hard! The timing couldn't have been better. And the crowed roared with laughter. :-)

I was so relieved that he did good and was also glad when it was over.


Running off some steam downstairs before it starts.

Poor Mary had her hands full, but she did such a good job with him. I think he was wanting down here. :-)


Taking a picture after the program of the actors.

The actors with the director, Kristin Foster. Clayton spotted me taking a picture, thus the "I'm done with all this" face.

I wanted to get a close up picture of Clayton with Mary, but, he was DONE!!

I think he was ready to see me again.

One more picture before we change his clothes.


4 comments:

Jana said...

Sooo cute!! Glad you posted these!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures!! Mother

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting, Brenda. We didn't know our little guy was going to be in a program. He looks darling. Can't wait to squeeze him and all of you soon. Love, Clayton's Grandma Herring :)

Martha C said...

Awww. . .he was such a cute Jesus. :-)
I have been thinking of you and can't wait to see pics of your new little one.