Friday, May 06, 2011

Cookie Time with Kids

Before breakfast this morning, Clayton asked if we could make cookies! He loves dumping in the ingredients, seeing them fly around in the mixing bowl, and then scooping them out on the cookie sheet. He also loves to crack eggs (eek!) and kept asking me where the eggs went after they were mixed in.

Here's a few photos of our "adventure" and yes, that's what it is. If you've never made cookies with two eager "helpers" that are 1 and 2 years old, you should try it! :-)

I turned for just a second and Clayton turned on the mixer. Addy and the couter got covered in flour!

Fascinated . . .

Scoop time!

So glad I had two of those cookie scoops.

Possibly more went in the mouth than on the tray ?

Addy's mouth was so full of cookie dough . . . no wonder she didn't eat much for lunch. :-)

Enjoying the final product on the front porch.  :-)

3 comments:

Jana said...

LOVE this post!! A mama after my own heart. :-) Kaden is my pro egg-cracker. He loves that job(privilege). :-) Now I want to get in there and mix up some cookies for us, if I can just get this throat numbed up a little more...

Anonymous said...

Brenda, You have more patiences with your little ones than I ever had with my kids. I love the way Addy has more cookie mix in her mouth then she is putting on the pan. They are two sweet kids and you can tell them great grandma Herring loves them.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!! And yes, you have lots of patience to do this! :) I'm sure they loved it though!! :) I'm with Addy, I'd definitely have to eat some! :)
Dana