Saturday, October 21, 2006

School Pictures

School picture are so much fun - if you're the photographer, right?! Why do so many people hate getting their picture taken? It really is not painful.

This year I got to do the school pictures for Aldersgate Christian Academy (GBS elementary/high school) and for Union Bible Academy. I try to make it as easy as possible for the students and we also have some fun too! I love doing class pictures. When I was in school I loved having a picture of my entire class. It's fun to look back and see who has changed and just to remember who was in your class and what people looked like.

It's very sad to me when parents don't order the school pictures of their children (and not just because I'm the photographer). Kids change so fast and it's important to have pictures that capture them as grow. I've heard people say, "Oh, I'll get pictures taken somewhere else." But, they NEVER do. This is tragic. So, PLEASE get pictures taken of your kids - whether school pictures or not - DO IT! (OK - I'll get off my soapbox now and let you see some of the pictures from this fall.)

6th Grade class at ACA (Jenny Fikes' class).




We have several sets of twins in the elementary. Twins are so fascinating, so this year I took a picture of all the twins and gave them a free 5x7 just for fun. They looked great and of course the parents loved it.




Cameron Herring (8th grade at Union Bible Academy) and yes, he is Aaron's brother. :-)



















Kindergarten Class at UBC. Aren't they cute!

2 comments:

Janella Thompson said...

cool pictures. That is so neat, hearing it from your side. With you as a friend I don't think I will ever be able to get out of pictures for my kids, when the time comes. (Although I am pretty camera happy myself so I don't think I will have that problem even before they enter this world their pics will be taken.) :)

Matt Deuel said...

Brenda I am so excited that you have a blog!