Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Homearama!

Wow! What an incredible way to spend an evening - touring 10 homes featured in this year's Homearama - all valued at over $1 million! It was staggering - almost overwhelming - to see all this fancy stuff. I am definitely a country girl and definitely prefer the simple life; but, it was really neat to see how people decorated these homes and get a glimpse of life on the "other side of the tracks"! :-) Really, it is cool to see and to get ideas of colors, layout, and arrangements. (I thought of you, Martha C.) We had a great time with Mark and Kristin. Here are a few of my favorites.

Absolutely beautiful! I love the piano and the way the curtains hang.

This massive aquarium was. . . in the bathroom! Yes - right above a jacuzzi! I guess it would give you something to watch while you were relaxing! :-)

I thought this was such a neat idea! These mailboxes were next to the garage door and had each family member's name on the front. Very cute!
There were so many adorable kids' rooms! Really neat themes and colors.

I got kind of carried away taking so many pictures, but if you'd like to see more, click below. Enjoy!

Homearama




9 comments:

Les said...

When I go thru these homes, since I have four boys, I always think of what it would be like to try and keep track of them. I think I would lose a kid or two in these houses. Scott said his dream would be to buy one of these houses and then have a family/friend picnic in the backyard. Of course calling our families "country" is the nice term! We figure there would be a meeting to kick us out! Scott has an El Camino (car/truck) and we don't think that would "fit in" either.

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda! How fun. I am so glad that you are feeling good enough now to be out running around.

Kendall and Leanna said...

When I see these houses I think about how long it would take to clean them. You would definitely need a maid. =) They are beautiful and I like the piano room too.

Aimee said...

LOL. I immediately thought about all the cleaning too. Yikes.

Jana said...

How very, very, neat!! I would love to do this sometime! I really like the painted flowers, etc. in some of the rooms. Very cute!!

Nancy said...

Now come on, girls.....if you had this kind of money, the last thing you'd have to do is clean the house. LOL! I LOVE the piano room...you'd definitely feel like practicing in there. (I think...) I'm with you Brenda, I tend to like a simpler look. By hey, if they were giving these houses away, I'd live with it! LOL!

Rob and Deanna said...

We went to this on Sat. THe "entertainment" house was unbelievable!!! Loved the kids' rooms in about all of them!

Martha C said...

Loved looking at these pictures.
I think I'd offer to clean the house with the grand piano in exchange for playing it. :-)
I loved the mailboxes. Very unique.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I loved looking at all of these pictures. I thought the mailboxes were a neat idea.