Monday, July 09, 2007

The Most Beautiful Place Ever!

We're Back!!!!!!!!

I have returned to the States from the most beautiful place on earth I have ever been. I loved the Cayman Islands!! We had such a great time and made lots and lots of memories. Mark and Kristin were so much fun to travel with. We thought we were going to be home on July 4th, but after a loooong flight delay in Grand Cayman, our flight from Miami to Cincinnati had already left without us. So, we were stuck in Miami for the night and actually most of the next day. They did put us up in a nice hotel (with meal vouchers), and we were able to take a shuttle to the mall to kill a few hours before getting home really late that night.

I have so many pictures that I couldn't decide what to post. Here's just a fraction of them.


Yes, these sea turtles really are as big as they look. Some can weigh up to 500 pounds! Those are obviously not the ones in the "touch tank" or the ones we picked up. :-)


No, it wasn't all play and no work. We did have revival services each evening and twice on Sunday! The services went well and the people were very kind. We really enjoyed being with them.

On our way to Sting Ray City!

I had no idea that Sting Rays were so big - they were huge!


Yes, I really did snorkel! For those that know me - THIS is an accomplishment since I'm deathly scared of water AND I don't know how to swim. It was way worth it though and once I finally made myself relax, it paid off tremendously. The Barrier Reef was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Ever wonder why God put so much beauty UNDER the water? It was something right out of National Geographic - I really couldn't describe how beautiful it was, so I won't even attempt.

I had never seen a real starfish before! We walked right out into the ocean and just picked them up - they were so fascinating.

The sunsets were so beautiful!!


Our host and pastor - Rev. John Jefferson, Sr. - was such a nice man. We had a lot of laughs with him. He is also a chef, so we had very nice meals, too!

Bags all packed and packed in all the sun we could get - headin' home!

14 comments:

Trisha said...

I'm just glad we have people in our church that suffer for the Lord..lol :) I am glad you guys had a great time..I would love to go to there, it looks so pretty. I would love to see all your pictures sometime!

Anonymous said...

Brenda! Your pictures are beautiful! I'm so glad you guys had a good time. Thanks for sharing with all of us. - Leah Randall

Jana said...

Looks like you had a great time. Enjoyed all the pics. Glad you made it back safe and sound. Esp. with all of your water adventures. :-)

Aimee said...

Looks like fun! =)I've been watching for these pictures!

Kendall and Leanna said...

What a beautiful place! Kendall loved your comments on the phone the other day about after realizing you weren't going to drown you enjoyed the water. He was like see... (as I hate wate in my face as well) =)Glad you both had a great trip.

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed your pictures. I would love to see more - maybe you could do a web album sometime through Picasa. Grand Cayman looks like a beautiful place and I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!

Tamra said...

So glad you had a great time. It looks beautiful! Would love to see more pictures.

P.S. Have you heard from Drew or Dana lately? I haven't. Just wonder how they were doing.

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Glad you had a good time in Cayman. I have been there twice now, but we are moving there in August. It really is a beautiful island!

Les said...

Your work trip was much more beautiful than mine! It's looks so blue and pretty from you pics. Of course, on my trip I got to spend a whole week with Drew!

Janella Thompson said...

looks like you really had fun. I can't imagine being able to swim with the "rays" That would be so cool. Love to see more pictures

Nancy said...

Enjoyed your pictures. What a beautiful place!! I'm so proud of your bravery...snorkeling...wow. The bay area where we stayed in Mexico was supposed to be famous for good snorkeling...but I was to scared. So, I admire your courage. So glad you all got to relax and enjoy the sights.

Carrie said...

Wow! Great pictures and it looked like you had a blast (and came back with a lovely sunburn, to boot! ;))

Dixie said...

What beautiful pictures!

Dixie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pics...I'm extremely jealous. I went to Grand Cayman as a teenager for a VBS and I've always had a really hard time describing it to people. They just can't seem to understand how gorgeous it really is! Pics help, but still don't do it justice. We got to ride the submarine and that was awesome!!! My pics from that weren't too bad, surprisingly. Definitely on my list of places to go again if I get the chance!