Friday, November 09, 2007

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I’ve been sitting in front of the computer for over 2 hours, chatting with 2 guys I don’t even know, talking about a subject I couldn’t care less about – “The Impact of Culture in Business Management in Japan.” Yuck! I’m sure international business is profitable for someone, but this is my least favorite class I’ve taken in grad school. We spent the first 20 minutes trying to get our online chat working correctly (and I hate wasting time). I was connected with each of my other group members, but all in separate chat boxes. They were connected to each other too, but in a separate chat box from me. Talk about Frustration City! I was nearly in tears and ready to pick up the good ‘ole telephone, but we couldn’t do that because our chat had to be “recorded” for the professor to read. Grrr. Aaron came to my rescue and got the kinks worked out. Thank God (seriously) for a husband that knows IT stuff!!!

The good news… I only have 6 weeks left. Not just for this class, but for my entire masters program! I can hardly wait – especially after nights like this.

I’ve already made a list of things I want to do when I’m finished with school. Here’s a few on my list…

  1. Read a book – strictly for pleasure without having to memorize definitions, learn theories, or take notes.
  2. Just sit on the front porch swing and look around outside – even in the cold and even if it’s snowing, I want to just sit for a while and take in what the outdoors looks like.
  3. Shop – I can’t remember the last time I’ve gone to a store simply to look around. I’m not a huge fan of “just looking,” but Aaron likes to do this, so I have learned to enjoy it.
  4. Take pictures like crazy – I’ve really had to limit my photography stuff because of time. I can’t wait to finish some things I’ve wanted to do for a long time (like my very own website) and start experimenting with more photography styles and software packages.
  5. Sleep – I’m very ready to go to bed at a decent hour, not have to come home on my lunch hour to study or put on a load of laundry, fold clothes, etc.

Hooray, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea for you! I've been hoping you'd get a website for your photography. Maybe you'll get so much business, you'll have to hire an apprentice...I know one who'd like to apply...hint, hint...:)

Tamra said...

You go girl! All your hard work will pay off in just a few short weeks. Good luck!

Becky Hallenbeck said...

You made me tired just reading your blog. You must be on autopilot. Love reading your blog.

Jana said...

Sure hope that "light" is not a train!!!! J/K !!!!! :-) Good luck on your next few weeks--you definitely deserve the break!!!!

Luanna Joy Wright said...

Brenda thank you for your comment on my blog!

Talk to you later.

Kendall and Leanna said...

You'll be through just in time for Christmas. I know you'll be celebrating. Good luck on the next few weeks, they will be over before you know it. :)

Dixie said...

Way to go Brenda! I'm glad you are almost done with your masters program.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing your master’s program. I am sure your Aaron is also glad that you are almost finished!!

Jonathan Thompson

Char said...

YOU CAN DO IT...hang in there...you are so lucky...and I thought my class was yucky...oh, now I'm into rhyming...whatever...just took a break from my class to check blogs...I always enjoy yours.