Wednesday, January 30, 2008

How Would You Be Described?

We have the greatest group of young adults at our church (Kenwood Bible Methodist) and I love it when we have parties. We met at Jeremy and Emilie's last Friday night and had a great time eating pizza and playing the Bowl Game. Aaron is sure the game has a "real name" - but everyone I know calls it the Bowl Game. So, that's what it is.

Emilie started it off by explaining how the game works. The first round you describe the person you draw out of the bowl by using only words. Second round you only act, and the third round you can only say one word.

I see that hand, Jennee. Did you have a question?

The acting round is always the funniest part to me. I can't remember who Jeremy is trying to act like, but it sure was funny.


A very perplexed Ron.

Aaron and Josh sure thought something was funny.

It's really hard to describe someone you don't even know, which is what happened to Jenn. We got real creative with some names. :-)

Brent - a ready-made actor.

If we could get Holley to stop laughing long enough to act, she did really well. :-)

I absolutely love this game. We had all kinds of people: presidents and other famous people, church people, Strawberry Shortcake, Winnie the Pooh, bible characters, Paul Harvey, GBS people, and many more. We laughed at how people were described and the actions people chose to describe them. Later on that night I was thinking and wondered what would people say to describe me or how people would describe Aaron. Hmm. . . food for thought.

5 comments:

Ronda said...

I was so excited to see that you left a comment on my blog...I had fun looking at all of your pictures! The young adult party looked like alot of fun!(Were Kristin and Mark there? Are they still considered "young adults"? Tell them to come see us! ha!)Take care!

Beth Stetler said...

Looks like fun!

Rob and Deanna said...

I'm planning on using this game at our Ladies night out for Valentines day. I was just wondering if there is a winner or if it is just for fun to see if you can guess? I enjoy reading your blogs, especially the pics you take! ;-)

Brenda said...

Deanna,
Yes, there is a team winner. We divided into two teams. One team plays at a time, but it's very important for the other team to listen to the descriptions. We used an hour-glass timer that was 1 minute long. When the time is out, you switch teams until the bowl is empty. Count how many names each team had at the end of the round. The names go back in the bowl for round 2 and you do the same thing. After all 3 rounds, you add the 3 scores from each team and the most wins.

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have been there, sounded like a lot of fun, miss you guys!!