Friday, August 08, 2008

Our Staycation

We joined the bandwagon of taking a "staycation" this year instead of a vacation. We spent 2 days in Cincinnati and 2 days in Indiana - and we had just as much fun!

We celebrated our 9th anniversary at one of our favorite places to eat - Teak Thai in Mt. Adams. A very quaint place with very good food!!

Aaron's parents and Cameron then met up with us and we went to the Cincinnati Museum Center to see The Bodies exhibit. This is a MUST SEE! It was absolutely incredible and nearly indescribable - so you just gotta go!


Then we traveled to Edinburgh, IN to spend some time (and $$) at the Edinburgh Outlet Malls. They had a Carter's baby store with lots of good deals and adorable clothes. This is an outfit that Aaron just had to have - and I think it's cute too.

I laughed so hard while we were in the Crocs store. Aaron's dad was trying out a kneeling pad. I came around the corner and saw this and it struck me so funny because it looks like his legs are only about 2 feet long. It was the funniest thing!

We also went to Upland, IN to visit Grandma Herring, but we must have been so busy talking that I didn't take any pictures! But, we had a great time and certainly enjoyed seeing her! :-)

6 comments:

Martha C said...

Aaron's dad DOES look funny on that pad! :-)
Happy anniversary!

Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a nice "vacation". I've been wanting to see that Bodies exhibit for SO long. I'm glad to know it's worth the $$! I like the picture of you with Aaron and his brother...wow...they almost look like twins in that picutre!

Unknown said...

Hey! You were in our territory! We live about 10 minutes from the outlet mall. We actually just went last night to the Carter's store. Ran into Kristina Clemens on the way out too! Small world!

Anonymous said...

Brenda, I think Darrel was praying to get out of the stores if he is any thing like his dad. Ha I really enjoyed having you here at my house, it seems like we don't get to see one another for a year at least. Glad you had a good time on your vacation. LOVE YOU BOTH Grandma Herring

Lisa R said...

Jeremy and I just did a "staycation" too this past week; I just didn't know there was a name for it until I read it on your blog. :-) Who says blogging isn't an educational experience?!

Judith Atnip said...

Brenda,
At first glance, it does look like Darrell has really short legs. HA!
When you see them again, please tell he and Shirley hello for me.