Thursday, September 10, 2009

Extra Zucchini?

I LOVE this recipe that is on my calendar for Zucchini Crescent Pie. You must try it. It seems like it has a LOT of spices in it - but it's definitely good!

You can click the link above, or here it is:

INGREDIENTS

2tablespoons butter
4cups thinly sliced zucchini
1cup chopped onions
2tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1/2
teaspoon salt
1/2teaspoon pepper
1/4teaspoon garlic powder
1/4teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4teaspoon dried oregano leaves
2eggs, well beaten
2cups shredded Muenster or mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
1can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2teaspoons yellow mustard

DIRECTIONS


Heat oven to 375°F. In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onions; cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in parsley flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano.


In large bowl, mix eggs and cheese. Add cooked vegetable mixture; stir gently to mix.


Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place in ungreased 10-inch glass pie plate, 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish or 11-inch quiche pan; press over bottom and up sides to form crust. Firmly press perforations to seal. Spread crust with mustard. Pour egg mixture evenly into crust-lined pie plate.


Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edge of crust with strips of foil during last 10 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Yummy!!!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds great!! I'll have to try it next week!

Anonymous said...

That sounds good, I need to try it. Thanks, Grandma Herring

Rob and Deanna said...

Brenda, this is a comment from my Mom. I sent your recipe to her & she tried it with squash that she had. She also left out the basil since she didn't have any on hand.

"Wow! This is delicious! I wish I had cut my thin slices of squash,
tho'. By that I mean cut them in quarters or something. When you cut a
piece of the "pie", sometimes a "string" of squash comes along. This
recipe is definitely a keeper.

I cut down on the mustard for daddy's sake, but the touch of mustard
flavor really MADE it. mom

Andy said...

my sister-in-law saw your recipe and made it the other night when we were over. it was SO yummy!