Monday, September 28, 2009

Homearama!

I love going to Homearama and we always enjoy seeing the new homes with Mark and Kristin. This year the homes were "scaled back" a bit and cost around $700,000 - $850,000 instead of over a million. Still way out of my league, but it's still neat to see how people decorate.

We started off by meeting for supper at this really cool restaurant called Mimi's Cafe. They have great food and since it was our first time there they gave us a box of huge muffins to take home with us. What a nice touch!

The chicken pot pie that Kristin and Aaron had was soooo good! Wish I could make this at home.

I had salmon with asparagus and so did Mark. Clayton sure enjoyed the mashed potatoes!

This was the neatest thing. These music notes were filled with scraps of sheet music. It looked so amazing. This was actually in a bathroom and there was an old saxophone in the corner of the shower!

The cribs for these twins were so pretty. And I just loved the names and sayings on the wall above the beds.

How cool would this be for a game room in your basement!

I thought this was a neat idea! This was in the entry way off the garage.

And what neat pictures for a laundry room!

I loved this gigantic fork and spoon on the wall of a kitchen.

Wouldn't an outdoor fireplace like this be cool?



This shower had a remote control so you could turn it on to warm up before you ever got out of bed!!


These were only a few of the many pictures I took. Some really neat stuff and some really strange stuff. :-) But, we had a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Jana said...

What a neat experience!! I LOVE those little cribs--soo cute!!! Great way to get a lot of neat ideas!

Anonymous said...

Darlene is really getting big!
Papaw Herring