Thursday, August 11, 2011

Baby Wipes Tubs = Spice Organization!

As I was trying to find a certain spice this morning for a recipe, I got irritated that I had to move ALL my spices around, still couldn't find it, and then took nearly all of them out of the cabinet still looking for it.  There must be a better way!


So, I started thinking . . . and got out my empty tubs of baby wipes (that I hadn't been able to part with, but didn't know why I was keeping them) and set to work.


I wrote the name of the spice on the top using a permanent marker, or used a label for the black lids...


Looking better . . .

But decided to alphabetize them for even quicker retrieval!


Now, if I had done this many moons ago, I would not have 2 ginormous bottles of Parsley, 2 Paprikas, and 2 Cinnamons.  :-)

It actually didn't take long, I feel much better, and now I can cook quicker. :-)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea!

Queen of the Castle said...

what a fantastic idea!!!!! thanks for sharing! ;-)

Jana said...

Wow-- that is a great idea!!! That's that personality of yours shining thru again... wish some of that would rub off on me! Some of my closets would make you cringe. ;-)

Beth Stetler said...

Love it!!

Dixie said...

Very cool idea!

The Dickinsons said...

Great idea. Don't u love the feeling that comes when u get things organized? =)

Thank u for your sweet comment on my blog...it was fun hearing from u. =)
~Heather~

Anonymous said...

You can get a silver permanent marker for the dark lids. :)

It's also great for labeling chargers and those danged black-on-black control panels