Sunday, December 03, 2006

Go Reds!

OK - yes it is winter, and the Reds are not playing right now. But, we wore our red on Saturday and went downtown Cincinnati to enjoy Redsfest 2006 with Matt and Erika. Although I am a big Reds fan, I really don't "know" the players. Erika and I definitely "went along for the ride" and just to be together. However, it was kind of funny what happened. The 4 of us were standing in this l-o-n-g line to get Joe Nuxhall's autograph and Erika and I were getting slightly bored, so we decided to go strolling on our own and have the guys call us when they were done. We went to get something to drink and saw a group of people started to make a line in the corner. We didn' t know what it was for, but the line was short, so we got in it! We were really close to the front when we realized it was a "photograph opportunity" with Bronson Arroyo and Brandon Clausson! I didn't even know what position these guys played (although Erika did), but we also knew Matt and Aaron would wish they would have been with us. It was so funny to think Erika and I were totally doing this!

Here's proof of what we did!

I also got my picture with Snappy Tomato - he/she/it was more fun than the baseball players. What gender is a Snappy Tomato?

They were selling everything there (of course) - even chocolate Reds hats!

Can you imagine a room like this?


The highlight of the day for Aaron and Matt was getting Tom Browning and Mario Soto to autograph their hats. (Yes, I did have to ask Aaron, "Tell me again who that was that signed your hat?") I got their autographs too, but had no clue who they were or what they did or why SO MANY people waited for ever to get their autographs.


The world's largest baseball bat.


Even the Kahn's pig came to Redsfest!

It was a fun day and we made lots of memories (along with the 11,000 other people that were there)!

3 comments:

Erika said...

YOur pictures look great:-) I have tried all weekend to get mine posted but they will not upload too the blog!!!!!AHHH!!!!

Anonymous said...

The Reds...now what sport are they? Oh yeah, it seems that I remember they used to be a baseball team. :-) Good to see pics of my "little" nephew and his lovely wife. Tell Sparky hey for me and I'll be calling him soon.
Love you both!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of you two. Those guys look really tall next you all! I didn't mean for that to rhyme:)Let me just say that I wish I would have been with you!