Saturday, December 30, 2006

Really Cool Christmas Gifts

Don't you love unique Christmas gifts? Here are some really cool ones from this year.

All of us kids got these candy canes. I've always liked things that were personalized, so this was right down my alley.


This book is incredible. I haven't read it all yet, but here are a few of some really neat tips I already like:

1. If you're always a mitten or a glove short at your house in winter, try this: Hang several pant or skirt hangers in the hall closet. Ask family members to clip pairs together on the hangers when not in use. -Liz Grove, New Carlisle, IN

2. To get rid of the leg dents that heavy furniture leaves in your pile carpeting, place an ice cube in each dent and let them sit overnight. The water from the melted cube causes the fibers of the carpet to swell. The next morning, use a towel to scratch and fluff out the dent until it's the same level as the rest of the nap. -Sally Clark, East Bradenton, FL

3. In your bathroom, keep those odds and ends of pins, clips, rubber bands, etc. in a plastic silverware tray. -Rachel Siegrist, Lititz, PA

4. Use a meat pounder instead of a fork to make a pretty design on your cookies. -Ann Z., Coon Rapids, MN

All the kids with their stockings!


6 comments:

Lanee M. said...

HEY GIRL!! Ok, don't think that I'm totally a messed up blonde (because I am)but I didn't even know who was posting comments on my blog with the name Brenda. I'm not very computer savy and a friend (Nancy)had to tell me to click on the name of the blogger and I could go to their blog. DUH!! I'm so glad I found your blog. It will be nice to keep up with all the friends. Hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Lanee'
PS - Heard any good Celine Dion Songs lately? LOL LOL LOL!!

Brenda said...

Lanee - you are too funny! Aren't college memories wonderful!

Glad you found my blog - I love reading yours!

Nancy said...

What a fun Christmas....I'm so glad you all ended up spending it together! I love the big stockings. Who fills those? Grandma?

Brenda said...

Nancy - We all fill them. Grandma made the stockings, but our presents to the nieces/nephews are stocking stuffers. :-) Yes, we were so glad Kendall and Leanna were able to come too!

Jana said...

So fun!!! You'll probably see a few duplicate pics. on my blog once I get around to it again. Love makin' memories!!

Carrie said...

Looks like you all had a great time!