Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Family . . . a priceless treasure!

One thing that makes me really sad is when people tell me they have never had a family picture taken (or it's been so long they can't remember when it was). I think that is terrible! I know, I know - I am a photographer; but, family photos are priceless. You can never go back in time. You can never "redo" that child's age. You can never wish a person back that is already gone. BUT, you can get pictures taken that will capture those memories forever. (OK - I'm getting off my soap box now.)

I was sorting through my picture files and couldn't resist posting some of these incredible families I recently photographed.

How long has it been since you had your family picture taken?

The Lambeth's
(outdoor pictures are so much fun!)

The Frederick's
(indoor backdrops - these work in any weather!)

The Henley children
(use your front porch to add character to your photo)

Larry and Carol Smith
(for their 10-year wedding anniversary)

The Hester family - extended family pictures are important too!
(the lady on the far right was my former boss)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda, Those pictures are so good. Enjoyed them. Love, Mother

Jana said...

Glad you shared those. I just love family pics. Those were some new ones for me, the porch does look a little familiar.. ;-)

Unknown said...

Brenda, you do a fantastic job!

skier1998 said...

Brenda - I have a hunch that you put your pix up for me. ;-) I guess you are qualified. ha ha. Anyway - they look great! If you had a few minutes sometime, could e-mail me your prices? Thanks. tarajoyce@juno.com

Brenda said...

Jana - I thought about saying "use your front porch or a friend's front porch!" I do really like how this looks.

Tara - No, I actually did not put that up for your benefit, :-) (but that is funny). I actually was talking with someone at lunch and they couldn't remember when they had had a family picture done. Since it appalled me so, I had to get "in my pulpit" and start preaching! :-) I'll send you an email.

Char said...

You girl, are one great photographer!...and soooo easy to work with...just that thought brings a smile!

Myranda said...

Love each and every one of these pics. I would love to be a photographer. I guess I will be that when I "grow-up". And by grow-up, I mean when I don't have 3 kiddies under my feet 24/7. 8-)

You are awesome!

SJW said...

Awesome job, Brenda, as usual...thanks so much for sharing! I hope I can learn just a little from you along the way! And yes, it's time for another family picture for us! (We do have a pretty neat snapshot one, but not a recent professional one.)

Trisha said...

brenda you do such a great job! I want you to do Nicholas when he turns one! Hope everything is going good!

Carrie said...

Would you e-mail me too, Brenda? vwvanatics@sbcglobal.net

Carrie said...

With prices, that is! (rolling eyes at myself)

Martha C said...

I love it when you post your work, Brenda! You do such a great job!