Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Let it Ice, Let it Ice, Let it Ice

Wow! We hadn't had much of a "winter" yet, but we are sure getting it tonight - all at once, I think. Not really snow, but ICE!!

The radio just said over 60,000 people in Cincinnati don't have power - our lights just blinked, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and have candles on stand by. :-). I feel bad for those folks, but the ice sure is pretty.

I took this from our back porch - I kept looking out the door thinking how beautiful this tree is. The tree branches keep getting lower and lower to the ground, so I hope it doesn't lose any branches!

This tree is beautiful too! This is on campus right outside the Ad Building. These branches are definitely on the verge of breaking - they are normally not near this low to the ground!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Hopefully the electricity stays on :)

Regi said...

Kewl pics

Dixie said...

Those are some really pretty pictures. No ice here, but lots of blowing, drifting snow.

Jana said...

Wow!! Ice can do amazing things. Hopefully the campus does not loose any trees.

Luanna Joy Wright said...

WOW! We have a least 4inches of snow! Have fun!

Jana said...

oops-lose.Hate it when that happens...

Greg & Stephanie said...

Wow!!! My dad and brother are coming in today for the conference. I warned them about the ice! We had our ice storm a couple of years ago - not fun. I was exceedingly tired of sitting in front of the fireplace trying to keep three children warm while the power was out!

Myranda said...

Great pics! Love how pretty ice is, but can do so much damage as well. Hopefully every tree keeps all its branches!! 8-)