Thursday, September 18, 2008

Have you hugged your refrigerator today?

We are STILL in the dark! I have never gone this long without electricity before and sure will be glad when the power comes back on. Who would have thought that here in Ohio we would experience part of the hurricane??!!

We took out 5 bags of trash from our refrigerator. It was so sad to simply throw your good food away, but of course you can't keep it without a way to keep it cold. Our dear friends Ron and Jennee did let us put some of our food in their freezer since they have power, and I was so thankful to be able to save the 3 full bags of chicken and 2 roasts I had just bought.

I am REALLY thankful for the hot water that we do have. I also have found a new appreciation for Downy spray. It's this handy little bottle that you can use to smooth out wrinkles from your clothes. It has actually worked quite well on Aaron's clothes this week since he still has to go to work and I can't iron.

I was having withdrawals from the internet and not being able to check my email for 5 days, so I headed out for the library today (glad they have power). So, this is probably my first post without pictures (gasp!). It feels so good to type! :-)

8 comments:

Kendall and Leanna said...

Hopefully if you see this comment it means you have power now. :)
Glad to hear from you. I talked to Nancy & Tonya yesterday. Wow! I'm glad that hurricaine didn't come up the NC coast. :)

Jana said...

Oh, Brenda--this is terrible. I'm sure the novelty of "livin' like the Amish" has long worn off. When I talked to you the other night and found out you were w/o power, Khara said she wished that we didn't have power. :-)

I guess the situation could always be worse. Thankfully your not caring for a 2 or 3 week old baby while dealing with no electricity.

Hope "DUKE" comes to the rescue soon!!!!

Maggie said...

Hey there...We got ours back Tuesday at 2am...the kids were enjoying walking around by candlelight and even after we got lights turned on still walked into rooms that were dark without turning on lights out of habit of no lights.:) Hope you get lights soon:)

Beth Stetler said...

Unbelievable!

Tamra said...

I hope you get electricity pronto! I think the Hooker's are still without power. (At least as of last night.) We didn't have prayer meeting for lack of power at the church. Get movin' Duke! :)

Rob and Deanna said...

My brother just got his power on TODAY at 1 pm. They were about to go crazy, mainly from the sound of all the generators running. We didn't get our cable for a whole week so I couldn't check blogs, e-mail either. I got a lot more done this week, though. :-) We didn't lose power at all though, since we have a power source on our street.
When did you get yours back on?

Lisa R said...

Your last sentence tells me you're definitely a secretary at heart! You should be very happy to be able to go back to work today ;-)I'm so sorry for your food loss... and yes - I'll go give my fridge a hug right now!

Brenda said...

Hooray! Our power came back on Friday afternoon. It was nearly exactly 5 whole days!