Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's officially Fall!

I absolutely love Fall - the weather is just the right temperature, the leaves are so colorful, it's a great time to take outdoor pictures, and there are so many neat fall decorations! I love mums and scarecrows and was anxious to get these out this year. These are on the front porch:


and this little guy is on the back porch:


Since I could not sleep this afternoon (which is nothing new these days (but I only have 12 more days to go until my due date!), I decided to make caramel apple dip. That's another thing I love about Fall - all the incredible fall foods and caramel apples have to rank right up there at the top! This is a super easy recipe (thanks, Jana) that is the absolute best! I even like to eat the caramel plain too, right Dana! :-)


Caramel Apple Dip
8 T butter
1/2 cup corn syrup
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Bring the first 3 ingredients to a boil, then add the can of sweetened condensed milk. Transfer to a small crockpot and let simmer. It will thicken and turn a darker brown. Serve warm over sliced apples. Delicious!

(I think I've always doubled the recipe - it doesn't last long around our house!)

7 comments:

Nancy said...

I LOVE your pretty fall decorations! I noticed them as I was walking Lauren to Music class this week and meant to tell you! We are enjoying them! Also, your caramel apples look SO yummy!Such a pretty picture! I'll have to try that recipe.

Jana said...

Now I know what you were doing while Mark was talking to Aaron tonight--Posting! :-)

Your decorations look great! I put mine up last week as well. And that caramel apple dip, SOO Good!! I had the apples and ingredients on hand for this weekend(esp. for Dana :-)) and forgot to take them w/me out there. :-(

Unknown said...

Love your fall decorations and the caramel dip sounds delicious!

Alanna said...

Mom and I were just talking about caramel dip this weekend! Might have to try yours! (I love fall too!) :)

Greg & Stephanie said...

It was great to see you last weekend! You look great!
Glad you are enjoying fall. I put my stuff out right after Labor Day because it was a little cooler here at that time, and it put me in the mood! All the mums I purchased at Lowe's are having trouble surviving...probably thanks to my "not-so-green" thumb! Anyway, enjoy the last few days of peace and quiet, and keep us posted!

Kendall and Leanna said...

I love fall as well. Your decorations look great and the apples and caramel- YUM!

Maggie said...

I keep getting tempted every time I pass the carmel apples with nuts in the store:)