Saturday, April 28, 2007

Betty Crocker Kaley!

We ate supper at Jeff and Vicki's last night and afterwards Kaley baked a cake in her Easy Bake Oven. Those little ovens are the neatest things!

Reading the directions first like all good little bakers do.


Caleb measured and added the water to the cake mix.

Drew helped too by putting the cake in the oven.

After the "L-O-N-G" 10 minutes, Kaley excitedly checks her cake.

Success!

And now...the best part - chocolate frosting!

Kaley shared her cake with everybody - insisting that we all try it. :-) And it was good!

8 comments:

Janella Thompson said...

I USED TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE THINGS!!! It looked alot different more like a microwave with holes in the side to slide the pan in and out of. I loved mine. I am sure if they have one when we have kids that I will get one for my lil' girl. The little cakes are pretty good. Ah, memories!!! LOL

Nancy said...

Looks like Kaley did a great job! Lauren has been asking for one of those....hmmm....maybe one of these days!

Unknown said...

When I was a kid I thought those things were soooo cool! I still think I'd like one :-) I can't remember where I saw it but I think they are having some sort of a recall on those ovens. Something about kids getting burned. Duh! It's called parental supervision!

Les said...

I never had one of those, and with 4 boys I never will! I guess I'll have to tell Kaley to make me some.

Carrie said...

Yeah, I always wanted one, but never got one either. Maybe my mom knew me better than I knew myself!

Yep, my boys have no desire for an "Easy-Bake" oven, either.

Jana said...

Oh, Easy Bake Ovens...Kelsey got one for Christmas and loves it!!

Anonymous said...

Cool parents to let their kid have a toy like that.

Don't think that would have been well received at our house. Sounds like a mess and a fire, or third degree burns waiting to happen.

The Dickinsons said...

Looks yummy and fun!

Love, Heather