Sunday, September 30, 2007

Happy Birthday, Aaron!

Aaron is 31 today! He hasn't felt like getting out since his surgery, so Matt and Erika came over last night to celebrate his birthday.

We had stuffed chicken for supper. This is a delicious recipe - that is pretty simple to make. The recipe can be found here if you are interested.

I ordered his birthday cake from Marianne Brown. She did such a good job and the cake was delicious!!


Here's a few catch up pictures.

Aaron got to ride in the electric cart at Wal-Mart (this was before surgery). I think he enjoyed this a little too much. He would go zooming past me and then back up just so he could hear the very loud BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!!

Right before surgery - he still had a little bit of a smile.

Post - surgery picture. He was really nauseated from the anesthesia, but the doctor said the surgery went very well.

Hope this doesn't gross anyone out, but I think it's kind of interesting. :-)
About 17 staples - ouch!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday,Sparky!! He looks like G'ma Harris in the cart picture and he looks like his dad in the post surgery pic...I'm laughing!!!

Kendall and Leanna said...

Happy Birthday Aaron! Awesome cake.

Brenda said...

Hi Aunt Cindy - you are too funny! We are both laughing from your comments. We sure got some strange looks when Aaron was in that cart. I guess people want to see proof - they don't like invisible injuries. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from MO. Hope you are recuperating okay. Mom and Dad Englund

Jana said...

Happy B-Day, Aaron!! Now you get to join the elite group of "31 er's". :-) Loved the pics., and what an awesome cake. How did she ever get that frosting so smooth??

Rochenda Crane said...

Ok. The picture of the stitches just reminded me of Dana! I remember her telling us about the time after a surgery she had to carry an amputated leg to the freezer or something like that. She was made to be a nurse! I bet she was drooling over that picture!

Les said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad the surgery went well, and I hope and pray he mends quickly.
I love the cake!

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Cool cake! I think that chicken recipe looks pretty awesome...I might have to try it for supper!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Aaron! Loved the cake but I'm afraid I'm not into food right now!;) I'd love to watch Marianne some time. What fun. Hope your up to getting out soon. Jeff is ready for some football!
Victoria

Brenda said...

Jana - the top of the cake is actually a chocolate mold. So, yeah, it's pretty smooth. :-)

Rochenda - that's hilarious. Yep, sounds just like Dana!

Tamra said...

Happy Birthday Aaron! Sorry you had to celebrate in that condition. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

The Dickinsons said...

Happy Birthday, Aaron, cute cake! Sooo sorry about your leg, or knee, how Sad!! I hope you get better soon. It is quite the boo boo or owie,! (My kids say these words all of the time, but one doesn't really spell those often. =)

Thanks Brenda, for the nice congrats on our baby #4, and your sweet comment. We're very excited!
And we're excited that Lord willing we get to come back to the WONDERFUL USA for IHC, maybe GBS camp, and to have our baby! =)

I loved the pics you took of the 2 engaged couples, and of your nephew and niece. Really cute!

Love, Heather =)