Thursday, September 20, 2007

Too busy to blog

Someone said I needed to update my blog. Here are some reasons why I haven't had time recently:
  • I am immersed in the hardest graduate course I have ever taken. It's called Executive Leadership and Management. Great topic - but tons of requirements. We are in teams of 5 people to complete this huge research project. One of the teams members is in Iraq and so we can hardly ever communicate with him. Another group member just dropped the class tonight, so the 3 faithful team members had a 3-way call tonight for over an hour that just ended at 11:30 PM. We have to divide up the drop-out's assignments, which means more responsibilities for all of us.
  • I am teaching a 3-hour college class here at GSB on Thursday evenings. Love the topic (Office Procedures), but takes a lot of time.
  • In the last 2 weeks I have photographed over 400 people for school pictures (GBS & UBC). Loved doing this, but now proofs have to be printed, photos labeled, etc.
  • GBS is preparing for an evaluation visit with the accrediting team from the Higher Learning Commission. Preparation for this visit has meant a lot of extra work in the office.
  • My husband has a torn ACL and MCL and has to be driven to and from work and to and from school for night classes (I'm very thankful that we live so close to Christ Hospital and to UC).
Since Aaron's ACL surgery is tomorrow (Friday) and since we have to be at the surgery center in about 8 hours (7:15 AM), I'm off to bed. I will post again sometime, when things slow down a little.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lands sakes girl! I'm not sure how you found the time to write this blog!

Les said...

You act like you're busy or something...just kidding! I'm also surprised you found time to log on at all! Will be praying for Aaron's surgery.

Jana said...

Slow down, Brenda!!! Wow, I've been wondering about your "lack of posts", now I know.

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Glad to hear you have so much time for yourself... :)

Kendall and Leanna said...

Wow! it sounds like you have your hands full. It was good to talk to you the other night. see you in a few weeks. :)

Dixie said...

You have been tagged. See my blog for further details. If you don't have time, please don't feel obligated.

Erin said...

Reading this made me tired.