Sunday, October 21, 2007

Clownin' Around with Raggedy Ann

Last night we went to a Fall Costume Party at Ron and Jennee's house and oh what fun we had! I laughed so hard my sides hurt (no joke). The best part was that everyone had to come in costume. There were definitely some interesting outfits! Aaron was a clown and I went as Raggedy Ann.


It took me about 45 minutes to an hour to paint Aaron's face. I had never done this before and quickly learned that it's much harder to do than it looks. We made it though, and I think it actually came out pretty good.

Mark & Kristin went for the 50's look (aka Sandy & Danny from Grease).

Ron & Jennee were old people. They were really old people.

Dwayne & Katie were a bowling pin and bowling ball.

Aaron didn't recognize David when he and Trisha first walked in. Wigs certainly do change your looks!

Everyone lost it when Aaron demonstrated how big his clown suit was. He really needed a bunch of balloons to top off his outfit. :-)

Nicholas, the giraffe...

and Michael, the dragon, were great playmates.

The food was delicious and very festive. (Jennee is so good at that!)

And then we all carved pumpkins (and roasted the seeds, which were really yummy)! This was such a blast!



We knew we were getting tired when we started switching wigs. Isn't it amazing how your hair makes such a difference in how you look!

13 comments:

Dixie said...

I love your outfits. Too cute!

The Dickinsons said...

Brenda, tooo cute! I loved all of y'all's outfits! How fun!

I also enjoyed seeing your pics of GBS homecoming! How we would have loved to have been there. My sister, Laura Hausman and her family got to attend and gave me a nice report. =) She and her family enjoyed her time there, though she
told me that she felt a little awkward since she had attended the "other" Bible College that begins with an "H" and is near the ocean. =D
Love, Heather =)

Erika said...

You look like you had SO much fun. Too bad you couldn't talk Aaron into being Raggedy Andy:-) Your outfit turned out great

Anonymous said...

I can understand your troubles with makeup. My mother went to clown college after high school, and she has many scarry makeup stories. It used to take her nearly two hours to do her face and neck. I was a small child during her clown years, and I can remember being afraid of her when she only had base layers on! Ah! She used to dress me up in the full garb. I HATED the makeup!!! Stay away from my eyes!!! :)

Unknown said...

These pictures are great!

Unknown said...

Love you costumes!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Myranda said...

Hilarious! Looks like great fun!

Les said...

So cute! It looks like so much fun!

Regi said...

Wow~ I even had a hard time figuring out who was who.

Jana said...

Love, Love, Love those outfits!!! Looks like you are ready to go pro.:)

Nancy said...

I agree with Jana. I think you have a hidden talent there. When the photography business is slow......

Very cute! Thoroughly enjoyed the pictures.

Kendall and Leanna said...

Looks like it was alot of fun. Great job on the outfits, Aaron really looks like a bona fide clown. :)

Martha C said...

Love your costumes! I could have gone as a very pregnant woman. Ha.