Sunday, October 14, 2007

GBS Homecoming

I love Homecoming at GBS! It's such a neat time to see friends and hear the new singing groups and band/choir. Homefest down in the gym afterwards is always so much fun too! It's kind of like Thanksgiving- you have to eat pretty much the whole night.

They had some really cool booths this year. This one above sold pizza and ran out twice!

This tropical booth was cute (and they sold whole dill pickles).
The wet sponges being thrown into people's face was also a big hit. I certainly would not have volunteered, but it was fun to watch.

Yes, it really was a sea of people. Hard to maneuver, but I loved it!

The high school sophomores did a good job with Coney Castle. They had a really neat idea - someone was walking around with a laptop that would take your picture with the King of the Castle (Justin Singleton's boy) and email it to you (below).



Jenny & Lisa - what do I say?

Not sure what the whole story was behind this. Rachelle shoved an entire pie in Gumby's face.


Jim and Anna Orndorff are the nicest people. They received the Alumni of the Year award - very much deserved!

Mark and Aaron - still talking. They're worse than Kristin and me. :-)

My buddy, Nathan Klotz. Somehow, he found a quiet corner to eat in peace.


Saturday morning was the dedication of the new Facilities Building. The maintenance team has needed this for a very long time - I'm so happy that they have such a nice building with lots of room. (I told Mr. Lum that this building would make a great photography studio since it's so roomy, but he wasn't too impressed with my idea.) :-)

The building from the front side. It's really much bigger than it looks in this picture.
(Dave Frederick asked if I would take this picture while he was walking along side the building - ha - totally kidding!)

8 comments:

Dixie said...

I have enjoyed your post about homecoming. It is hard to believe that it has been 15 years since I graduated from G.B.S. It has been a long time since I've been to homecoming. I guess I need to try and make it at least five years from now.

Greg & Stephanie said...

Hey! Glad someone got some great Homecoming pics! We enjoyed being there this year, although we basically sat around the fountain during the service due to lack of seating. The maintenance building is BEAUTIFUL! Greg and I drove around it saying, "Wouldn't Bud Dickinson love this!"

Kendall and Leanna said...

Enjoyed the pics. I can't believe it was 6 years ago that Kendall & I were there as freshmen at GBS. Time flies! :)
see you all in a couple of weeks -
and have you found out anything about the shoes yet?

Jana said...

Enjoyed the pictures. Looks like Homecoming is getting better, and better. Wish we could have been there, maybe next year.

Les said...

Glad you had fun! I'm surprised that Nathan found an empty corner to sit in!

Unknown said...

Brenda, loved the pictures. I missed being at Homecoming this year. It was always a highlight of the year for me. Maybe next time!

Nancy said...

You got some great pictures.The one of Nathan made me laugh!

Martha C said...

It was fun to browse these pictures. So glad you posted some!