Monday, December 03, 2007

A Good Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays and this year we celebrated with my family in Missouri. We had a GREAT time.

Tons of food - and tons of goodness!

The girls always have craft time in the afternoon. We did two fun crafts: frosted glass on jars and fall leaves with Modge Podge (a new word and new concept for me). They were both great fun!

My finished jar project - well almost.
I'll tie a ribbon around the top and put a red candle inside.

Working away on all our creations.

My finished project - craft #2.
I wish I would have taken a picture of the other boards. It was really neat to see everybody's ideas.

Yes - we hit the stores on Black Friday. Aaron and I didn't have anything that we were "dying" for, but we went along with Mark and Jana and had a blast! Mark literally ran thru K-Mart just being funny, but he did get his cordless drill that he was after. :-)
Yes, it really was that dark. We left the house at 3 AM just to get to the stores by 4:30 AM (yeah, the main stores are kind of far away from my parents house)!

And of course, pictures are so much fun to look at after you take them. Kelsey must always see the finished image. :-)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a good Thanksgiving. Looking at all that food makes me hungry! I like the crafts you made as well.

Nancy said...

I guess we should have called y'all to say hi. Chris and I were out in the wee hours of the AM too! Lots of fun though...something that I would only WANT to do once a year! LOL! I enjoyed seeing all your pictures. All that food looks GREAT! YUM!

Jana said...

Now that you have your Thanksgiving Post up, maybe I will get around to posting mine. :-) Enjoyed the pics.

Kendall and Leanna said...

Loved the pics. We got to Best Buy on Black Friday @3am & left @4am when all the tickets were gone for the doorbusters. I've decided that black friday is not for me but Kendall wants to try again next year. :)

Les said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Loved the crafts! I also go shopping early on that Fri. also. We also were up at 3 a.m.!