Thursday, May 15, 2008

Finalized!

Although I finished my class work in December, actually having the graduation made it all FINAL in my head!

We had a great time at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia last weekend. It was really nice that so many family members were able to attend!

The weather was beautiful for the entire weekend. This was at the rehearsal on Friday afternoon.


After rehearsal they had a very nice reception for the distance learning students.

I loved how the student center was designed. There were all kinds of sitting/lounge areas that were decorated in really neat ways for a collegiate setting.

I liked this checkerboard area where none of the seats even matched.

The graduation ceremony was held outdoors at Williams Stadium.

I thought for sure I was near the back of the line of graduates until I turned around and saw this mass that still had to exit the soccer field where we lined up on Saturday morning. There were 4,800 graduates, so you can imagine the line of people.

It was so funny to watch all the graduates on cell phones, waving, standing on chairs, and doing all sorts of actions to try to find their family members in the stands. This was quite a feat with about 20,000 people in attendance.

This is my friend, Lynette. She is a really sweet girl. She was in the distance learning program too, but lived much closer - only 2 1/2 hours away from campus.

I'm sure this would have been a fun professor to have in class! He had 2 cans of silly string and was spraying his students during the faculty processional!

He obviously wasn't the only one that did this as you can see from the field.

Yeah - Aaron's probably just as glad that I'm done as I am myself!

Unfortunately, my mother was sick and had to leave partway through the ceremony, so she's not pictured here (and we missed you too, Jana/Mark and KKKK).


Camen looks very interested in Kendall's map of campus.


And finally, the LU mountain - very cool!

14 comments:

Jana said...

Looks like a pretty campus! Wish we could have been there. Glad it's over for you. I'll say one more time, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The Arender's said...

Congratulations Brenda. I can't imagine the crowd...Crazy!

Keith said...

Way to go! Aaron looks as happy as you do.

On a totally unrelated note, you wouldn't believe how many times we're asked if we're a PR group for LU.

Rob and Deanna said...

Congratulations, Brenda!!!

Greg & Stephanie said...

Brenda - Congrats to you! I enjoyed your pics. I am the primary "pic taker" in our family, so it was kind of difficult last weekend! Ryan got some great shots of...the floor...the ceiling...the helicopter...anything HE thought was interesting! I wish I had remembered about the silly string. I would have brought us a couple of cans! It was quite a sight last year, as well. I ended up in the line of fire this year, but had nothing to use in retaliation! I can't believe I didn't see any of your family. Glad they all made it in safely. Now I guess we just sit around and twiddle our thumbs...HA!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Brenda! I'm sure you're glad it's all over with.

Kendall and Leanna said...

It was good seeing ya'll last weekend. Congrats again! :)

Bryan and Marsha said...

Way to GO! Your smile is even bigger now!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations to you and Aaron too!

Cincy RN said...

Congrats Brenda!!! :) That is awesome. I am going back for my BSN this fall hopefully. Then my masters! Come over soon!

Ronda said...

Congratulations, Brenda! I am happy for you! Enjoyed your pictures...neat campus!

Anonymous said...

Don't you have some relatives that live in Virginia? Someone you should go spend a few days with? Congrats on the graduation and the upcoming baby!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Job, Brenda!! Your hard work and discipline have paid off!

Love,
Uncle Rick and Aunt Jody

Katie and the boys said...

Congrats!!! Hope you are still feeling fine!!