Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day (especially for Camen)

We had a great time at Jeff and Vicki's house for Memorial Day, complete with great food such as grilled steak, shrimp (don't worry - I refrained since I'm allergic to shrimp), corn on the cob, homemade cookies, etc.

Poor Camen had quite an experience that day. I was playing the board game, Life, with Kaley and Caleb, and Camen was trying to "help" us play in every way.
I realized he was a little too quiet for a moment and looked up to see him sticking the tiny boy and girl game pieces up his nose! Remember those tiny, tiny pieces you put in your car for a boy/girl when you land on spaces that say you have children. Of course I immediately took action and thought we got the piece out, especially since he had a piece in each hand. He wouldn't let me check his nose very thoroughly, so I took him downstairs to his mom so she could make sure. All was well (we thought).

For the next few hours, Aaron and Jeff said that Camen would whimper a little bit and touch his nose. They thought he had simply scratched the inside with the pieces and it was just sore. However, we were in the basement later on and Camen started sneezing. Since he was sneezing repeatedly (at least 6 or 7 times), Kaley and I were laughing. All of a sudden a little girl game piece from the Life game came flying out of his nose!! I was so shocked! No wonder the poor boy was whimpering! After that sneeze, he had the biggest grin on his face and was the happiest child around.

Camen and Kaley are best buds!

Camen loves being outside and cried and cried when we had to go in.

6 comments:

Bryan and Marsha said...

Guess what you get to look forward to. Oh the joy!

Nancy said...

Hilarious story! I think we should keep he and Caleb apart....who knows WHAT would happen if those two ever got together!

Jana said...

That story is still funny hearing it the second time!! Poor little guy. I love the picture of him laughing. His haircut makes him look so much older.

Oh, and glad you didn't eat the shrimp. When I told mama what you said Jeff had fixed she said, "Oh no, Brenda's allergic to shrimp". :-)

Les said...

I'm glad the piece came out! My sister put foam rubber from a ripped playpen liner up her nose and noone knew it. It ended up traveling into her sinus cavity and rotted. She smelled so bad nobody wanted to be around her. The doctor was treating her for a sinus infection. She finally had x-rays and they found the problem. She had to have surgery to have it removed. Thankfully, none of my kids ever shoved anything into their noses!

Martha C said...

I guess he really was trying to "get a life." :-)
And I never knew that story about my cousin. Hmmm. . .it is amazing what you discover about your own family on another person's blog!

Lisa R said...

That is too funny! And I thought you just had to watch out for what they put in their mouths! Shows you how much I know!