Friday, May 23, 2008

Why I haven't had a chance to blog . . .

Whew! It's Friday and I'm so glad! I've been running from one activity to another - so this post will be a "catch up" of what I've been up to.

I recently spoke for the Women of Worth (May Meeting). It was nerve wracking as I had never done something like this before, but it actually went pretty well (thankfully!). I showed a PowerPoint on 5 Steps to Better Photography and then ways to be a portrait of Christ.

A group picture for the website . . .

. . . and a a small display I set up so the ladies could see some of my work.

Linda Davison always does such a good job with the decorations. Since May is national scrap booking month and we were talking about photography, she used negatives and tape strips for the table decorations.


The next night was Concert on the Lawn at GBS. I was so happy to be able to attend this year (instead of being sick).

Kristin, Jennee, and I - it was actually pretty chilly that night. Several people had blankets.




Camp Meeting at GBS was in here somewhere. We heard some incredible messages this year.


A local preschool asked me to photograph their graduates. This was so much fun! I had to make myself be serious and not just laugh at them on several occasions. It's hilarious to see how 4 year old kids act when they get the cap and gown on. Some didn't like it at all and others couldn't wait to put it on for the pictures and were not happy when they had to take it off. :- ) I really enjoyed doing this and from all indications, the parents love the pictures!


I photographed a Mother/Daughter Tea for the ladies at Christian Nation Church. It was so cute to see the little girls all dressed up for "tea" with their mother, trying to act elegant.

Kianna (Deanna Kennedy's girl) is so adorable! She was sitting at the table after the pictures and I couldn't resist getting this picture of her!


So, I have been having a good time, but that's why I haven't been blogging. :-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your update! Wow, you've sure been staying busy. I'm sure you did a great job at the Women of Worth meeting!

Jana said...

Great pictures. I love the back drop on the graduate pic. Is that a new one?

Bryan and Marsha said...

Just wait until the twins arrive, we will never see a blog posting! Wouldn't it be great if you had twins, HAHA!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Brenda! Hope you are getting adequate rest in spite of your busy schedule. I pray for you often and for our little on-the-way grandbaby. Love you all....Mom Herring

Unknown said...

Well...what are the 5 steps to better pics?? :)

Kendall and Leanna said...

I would have loved to hear your speech. :) It looked very interesting. Looks like you've been busy taking pictures too.