Saturday, June 21, 2008

Suddenly Happier

Just like Charlotte, I am still greatly enjoying The Grocery Game. This week was especially good with some great deals at both Meijer and Kroger. Even though it's just Aaron and me, I have saved a ton on our grocery bill. And just to prove it, I've been tracking my savings. I joined The Grocery Game in January. For these last 6 months, my total savings adds up to $750.63 (this includes my coupons and store savings like sale items)! I am so glad I've been keeping track - this certainly adds up and makes me realize how much you can save if you look for deals and plan your menu around sale items.

My favorite deal from this week...

Aaron and I absolutely love Suddenly Salad, but I don't buy it very often because it's a little pricey at $2.39 per box. Well, this week Kroger has Suddenly Salad on sale for $1.00 per box (10 for $10). This in itself is a good buy; however, I found a coupon at bettycrocker.com to get 40 cents off a box. Even though it says "do not double" they nearly always double these at the store and this was no exception. Therefore, I ended up paying only 20 cents per box for these Suddenly Salads making me suddenly happier!

7 comments:

Alanna said...

wow - that's awesome!

Kristina Clemens said...

Sorry so long since you commented. I just saw your post today...I made the cake and just decorated it like a basketball...=)

Janella Thompson said...

you will have to e-mail me how to get on this grocery game thing. I just might look into it considering you savings since Jan. My biggest thing is I would have to go to all the stores to get the doubling of the coupons, because I just usually price match everything at Wal-mart. I got cheese slices Kraft 2% for 1.89. Wal-mart brand is $1.98...whoo hoo 10 cent savings!!!! I have been working hard at trying to better at this...so let me know about this game thing

Jana said...

Now that is some serious saving--Wonderful!!!

Katie and the boys said...

i am now a coupone ahololic!!!! i am glad I am not the only one who likes to get a deal.

Lisa R said...

Way to go on the good deals! I'm just a smidge jealous, but I have no reason to be since you've obviously done your homework and taken the time to get those money-savin' coupons!!!

Martha C said...

Awesome deal! Troy loves that salad as well, but I cannot bear anything that contains mayo. I would be happy to get a deal like that though. :-)