Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Big 30!

Yesterday was the big three zero for me! It's hard to believe I'm no longer in my twenties, but I really don't mind birthdays at all. Some people get all weirded out about them and bemoan the fact they are getting older - but it sure beats the alternative! :-) Why not live to the fullest and celebrate each year you have.

I had a really good day. It started out with my wonderful co-workers. When I arrived at work on Friday morning, this beautiful bouquet of flowers greeted me on my desk. I was so surprised! So thank you, "all of us" - that was so kind! And then Mr. Hooker had bagels brought in from the best place of all, Panera Bread, and made sure I had my favorite - cinnamon toast crunch! Yum!

I met Aaron for lunch at Vernon Manor. He had never been to their buffet and since he now works so close there it was perfect. We were chatting with our server and she asked if we were in town for an event or if we lived here. I told her we actually lived here in Cincy and had met for lunch to celebrate my birthday. When she learned that she brought out this HUGE piece of chocolate cake with fudge layers drizzled with chocolate. It was amazing!

Then... we met Aaron parents and Cameron for supper in Batesville, Indiana (kind of the half-way point for both of us) at the Sherman House. I love going to new restaurants and since I get to choose the place on my birthday I always choose a place no one has ever been before. This was definitely different, but very tasty. My favorite was the fried dill pickles we had for an appetizer. I love dill pickles of course, but didn't know how they would taste fried. I was very impressed and want to try making them at home. In fact we all loved them - they really were that good!

So, not only was it a good day, but it was also a very good eating day!

birthday flowers at work

fried dill pickle chips



at the Sherman House

...and they brought me an apple dumpling with ice cream complete with a candle!

opening my birthday present afterwards - a really cute maternity shirt and skirt

16 comments:

Bryan and Marsha said...

Happy Birthday to you as well. Mine was the 28th and like you, it doesn't bother me to get "older" cause now I know I am getting more mature :) Glad you had a great day! (I think I turned 30 as well)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good birthday. You are looking good, I hope you are feeling good too. I enjoy these pictures you and Natalie put on the computer so I can keep up with you kids. Love you Grandma Herring

Dixie said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Dixie

Kendall and Leanna said...

Happy Birthday Brenda! Looks like a fun day although I don't know about the fried dill pickles. :)

Katie and the boys said...

Happy Birthday Brenda!!!

Luanna Joy Wright said...

Dear Brenda,
Happy (late)Birthday! Did you have a good one?

Luanna

Les said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I'm with you, age is only a number and birthdays should be enjoyed.

Martha C said...

Happy 30th, Brenda! Who cares about age - I always think people are as old as they act, and a cheerful personality like you have makes a body seem younger.

Rob and Deanna said...

Happy Birthday, Brenda!! Welcome to the 30's! ;-)

The Arender's said...

Glad you had a good birthday! You look so cute pregnant!

Janella Thompson said...

Happy Be-lated birthday. Heard about your night out with your in-laws and how you stood outside MCd's for ever even in the rain! Glad you had fun!!! I am going to have to find a place that sells Fried Dill Pickles. I tried making them and they didn't turn out so hot...will have to try again. You and "your bump" look so cute!!!!

Erin said...

Happy birthday! I didn't realize you and were so close in age. I turn older...31 in October. Older and hopefully wiser!!!

Your pregnant look is so adorable!

Greg & Stephanie said...

Happy belated birthday! Can't say I faced 30 as gracefully as you, but since then I have completely changed my perspective...some things are necessary for sanity! Hope your pregnancy is going well...you look great!

Nancy said...

Belated Birthday Greetings, Brenda! Looks like you celebrated it to the fullest! BTW, very cute maternity outfit...what a great present!

Lisa R said...

A little late leaving a comment... Happy belated birthday; it looks like it was a good one :-) I turned 30 today, and I'll admit I had a nice little cry on Mom's shoulder! It looks like you're taking it very well :-) By the way, you're looking very cute with your baby tummy!

Lanee M. said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I too just turned 30 on July 7. It bothered me to leave my 20's. :( Didn't like this birthday at all LOL!

Love looking at all your pictures! I especially liked the picture and comment about visiting Sonic when you go to MO. When we lived there there was a Sonic just a few miles from where we lived. We enjoyed eating there when we could.

Visit my blog when you get a chance. (I noticed I'm not on your list so I didn't know if you knew where I am ) :) LOL!!

Lanee'